DIGITAL STUDIO PHOTOGRAPHY
Use the ‘studio’ (or another location) to create images where you control the lighting.
Take a set of photos of a group of objects with different lighting set-ups.
Use your time wisely, as others will also want to use the space.
ASK ABOUT LIGHTS, REFLECTORS AND OTHER LIGHTING EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT.
At least 20 IMAGES, consisting of:
10 images using only 1 light source
10 images using 2 light sources (one can be a reflector)
Blog entry or InDesign File with
All thumbnail images (no cropping)
Your best 2 photos made larger / cropped to best effect
• Set up your objects and put your camera on a tripod
• Take 10 photos while moving around the light(s) for different effects
• Add a second light (or reflector) and take 10 more photos
• Create a Blog Entry or InDesign File that shows all your photos.
• Answer the Questions and add them
– What lighting position showed off your image best?
– Which do you like better – images with one or two lights? (And why)
Lighting effects clearly different in each shot, best choices explained