Country Poster – Editorial Design
Editorial Design is about making choices. What include, what at highlight and what to leave out.
Create a poster for a place anywhere in the world, that you feel connected to. Represent the place through pictures to show the feeling, design, and color of your place. The only copy (text) to appear on the poster should be the name of the place.
The Choices you are making are Editorial Choices! If you like, you could include an infographic!
Copy: The name of place ONLY – no other text.
Size: 15 x 22~ or 20 x 30”, horizontal or vertical. (That’s a minimum of 4 sheets of paper)
Media: cut paper; sketches, drawings, no color restriction. – USE A VARIETY
Layout: Use Elements of Design, including the Golden Ratio when designing the poster.
DO NOT: Use a computer to create the poster – it should be made in a collage style by hand
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
- Symbols that Represent your location (Countries: Eiffel Tower, Maple Leaf, Pyramids)
- What is typical of your location? (foods, animals, costumes, items, technology)
- What do you want to highlight about your place? Culture, Nature, activities or History?
- What ‘feel’ do you want to end up with – what colours would work, what shapes would be good?
- Make a sketch with some ideas
- Write a short paragraph, what is your ‘message’ what Design Elements are you using.
- GET THIS APPROVED BEFORE YOU START TO DESIGN YOUR POSTER!
- Create your poster
KEY CRITERIA: Preliminaries done, Message, Elements of Design, Overall Appeal
Do not use any items cut from magazines or printed from the internet. Here simple is better and will pay off!