Major Production – Individual or Group work / Choice of Medium
Create an Animation of your choice, using any Medium (except Pivot)
Your Animation should make use of the things you have learned in the course.
• Shoot anticipatory action as well as reactions to actions when you animate.
• It is easier to delete unwanted frames in editing than to try and add them later.
• Plan your motion so that intent and motivation are evident BEFORE you start
• MAKE A STORYBOARD WITH THMBNAILS (and SCRIPT if sound will be added)
• When you animate, experiment with repeating frames to create pauses and reactions to motion.
• It is possible to import an AVI created by SMP into Animator if you want to make timing changes.
• Should you want to do traditional drawn animation ask about the tablet / pencil test option!
Criteria for Major Presentation
|Software||SMP, Animator||2D Flash CS5 / Blender 3D||SMP, Animator, Flash|
|Media||CLAY and other objects||Computer Objects||Paper, Computer.|
|Marking Criteria||Background objects
Variety in scenes / angles
Good use of colours / shapes
|Complex shapes / objects
Multiple objects interacting
Multiple scenes / sizes
Multiple Layer Scenes
|Variation in speed and pacing
Looped actions (for length)
Sound / speech bubbles / Credits
Secondary movement (Anticipation / Reaction)
|Challenge||‘flying’ objects, ‘cleaned’||Narration / Dialogue||Shot ‘standing’ not flat|
|SOUND / LIPSYNCH SCENE|
As the quality of your characters determine how much work goes into each frame, there is a trade-off between length and quality. Marks will be based on quality and length of product.
depend on Format: Complexity, number of scenes, Length, Sound or Bubbles, and planned Storyboard