PRODUCT / SERVICE & LOGO
In this unit you will ‘invent’ a product or service, create a logo and ‘packaging’ for this product then promote it.
As all the assignments in this unit are connected, the initial research is very important.
You can invent something that does not exist, or improve on an existing product or service.
As you do not actually have to make the product, you can use a fair bit of imagination here.
The feedback and improvement part of planning is a key component of these assignments!
YOUR PRODUCT or SERVICE
- Describe your product or service in several short paragraphs of 3 sentences or MORE.
- What is it?
- Do you have a name for it?
- What makes it unique?
- Special Features?
- Who will buy/use it?
- Materials / Options / Variations? (you might want to add to this after getting feedback)
2. Create or collect some images that help to explain your product, or design a ‘mock-up’ graphic for your product
3. Get feedback & Suggestions from at least two classmates on how you could improve the product or service.
4. Create a good 3D Drawing on paper or the computer of your product design, or a profile (with images) of your service.
– Make sure given suggestions are incorporated.
1. Make some rough sketches for your logo before you settle on you final design. (Minimum 3)
3. Create the good copy in full colour, showing some 3-D or shading ON PAPER – NOT THE PC!
TIPS FOR THINGS TO INCLUDE:
- The NAME of the product, service and/or manufacturer or sponsor.
- The FONT – Pick an appropriate style of lettering.
The lettering must be BOLD and, in a style, suitable for the message conveyed by the logo
3. The SHAPE – Logos are generally quite simple in their design.
The overall shape or LINE of the design is important as it makes the first impression on the viewer:
Curved Lines – grace, elegant, motion,
Diagonal – action, energy, force, motion
Horizontal – calm, peaceful, tranquil
Vertical – strength, dominance
- The COLOURS- Logos use colour to add contrast and to catch the viewers’ attention.
- , check with your instructor if there are specific tools that would simplify your design or for
Submit your initial sketches along with the final product for marking.
Good profile, feedback incorporated, good logo sketches and high quality final design.