A DAY IN THE LIFE OF / COMIC BOOK STORY
Tell a story in pictures. You have two choices:
a. The day in the life of a product, person, animal or object.
b. A ‘comic book’ story
The Pictures can be staged (obviously) but need to tell a story.
They should not just be ‘random’ events
– Storyboard (your plan for what pictures you will take) INITIALLED BEFORE YOU START!
– Title page
– STORY: – Designed using InDesign (See examples)
– All images to have captions or speech bubbles that go with your story
– Your story needs AT LEAST 20 images.
• Start by drafting out a rough story board with at least 25 ideas (not all will work) to get ready to shoot.
• Use text, stick figures or more complete drawings, that show what will happen in your photos.
• Once your storyboard is complete, show it to your instructor and then start taking photos!
• (Attach the completed storyboard to this sheet when handing in for marking)
• Take photos of friends, or use animation characters to Create your images..
• You CAN do this as a group, BUT: Multiply the number of group members by 20 to see how long your story should be.
• Make a Mini Booklet in InDesign to tell your story
KEY CRITERIA: Storyboard initialled, good images that tell a story, neatness, good captions
Extend your story, make it longer – possible bonus points here!
Decorate your Booklet with Backgrounds and other graphic elements.