Information Design (Illustrator / Photoshop)
Use Graphics to explain yourself. Infographics are meant to make information easy to understand, and to promote.
This infographics will be all about YOU!
- Write a short paragraph about you. Answer the questions below:
- What subjects are you taking this year? Create a list of your favorites.
- How much time do you spend on social media? Create a list of your favorite social networking media. (i.e. Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter?
- What’s your favourite season (Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring)?
- How many hours do you spend studying for your classes per week/day
- Do 3 rough layout sketches of your own infographic (See examples of various infographics)
- Get your paragraph and 3 rough sketches approved
- Refer to the examples and think about the contents for your infographic
- Make diagrams, graphs, or other visuals representing you
- Create graphs in Adobe Illustrator – There is a guide to help you
- You have to use the following visual elements:
- a banner,
- a pie chart,
- a 3D chart,
- a donut chart,
- a column graph with different column designs,
- a live trace photo of yourself (or an avatar)
‘Export’ or ‘Save As’ your Infographic as a JPG file and submit along with your Illustrator file, so I can see the finished project as well as how you made it.
KEY CRITERIA: Banner, 4 types of charts, own design for columns, Background
Create an Avatar of yourself and use it instead of a photo. You can use a site like Avatarmaker