PRECISION SHOOTING – IN ESREVER – Stop Motion Eclipse
Use a webcam to animate with Onion skinning and Stop Motion Pro.
Use Lego/Duplo to create an animal or object then shoot an Animation of it ‘building itself’
• Create your animal of character using at least 10 Lego/Duplo blocks, or bring your own equivalent.
• Set a stage that you will be able to recreate each class, in case you do not finish shooting in one class.
• You will need wire, fishing line and/or tape to control movement.
• Read to the end of the instructions to make sure you know what you need / have to create
Step 1 – Create the Frames:
1. Connect a Webcam and open Stop Motion Pro
2. Set up your character and shoot a few frames of it moving.
3. Slowly disassemble your character piece by piece, shooting the pieces ‘moving’
– Use the Fishing line, wire and glue to have blocks in mid-air.
– Make sure all other objects do NOT move AT ALL
4. When your character is completely disassembled, switch to the editor view.
5. Use the Rigging removal tools to remove any aides you do not want to see in the animation
Step 2 – Create the Loop:
1. Copy all your frames at the end, doubling your animation in length.
2. Select the first half and reverse the order of the frames
3. Preview to see if the Animation works.
o You should see the pieces come together into your character, which moves around and then disassembles again. This should loop smoothly.
o You can hide any frames that seem out of place
4. Export your movie and submit.
Complex character and construction, smooth motion, varied paths, video loop created
Add Add a soundtrack that matches your action or character