STYLE THROUGH THE AGES
Pick a photography STYLE you have noticed in many
photos, then look at phots and images from the past, to see how far back you
can find that same style. What do you learn from this?
- Pick a STYLE you would like to investigate – this could be a mood or particular look in the photo
- List image ideas and keywords that you connect with your style
- Find images
that fit the criteria for your style – if you can not find the older ones, try
to see what might be a substitute
- At least two images that are recent
- At least one image from 50 years ago (1970s)
- At least one image from 100 years ago (1920s)
- At least one image 150 years or older
- Bonus: Classic image (Greek, Roman or Egyptian)
your images in InDesign and add captions that:
- Explain the source and origins of your image
- Explain how you think they fit your style
your finished project to a classmate and have them respond
- Is the explained style present in all the photos?
- What is missing or could be improved?
KEY CRITERIA: Good set of images, well explained, response from classmate