PHOTO EMULSION T-SHIRT PRINTING
You will need to create a design on the computer. This will be printed on a sheet of Velum, which can be used to mask and expose the photo emulsion on a screen for printing.
YOUR IMAGE CAN ONLY HAVE ONE COLOUR.
THIS DESIGN SHOULD BE USED TO PRINT ON A T-SHIRT OR ON OTHER FABRIC.
1. Prepare a Screen by cleaning and prepping it. Put your name on it! Bring Rags from Home!
2. Prepare an image on the computer
• Image has to be original to you.
• If you take images of the web, you MUST modify / combine them in some way
• Make sure all Lines are thick – at least 1/8th of an inch
• Check with your teacher if the detail will work.
3. Submit the computer image for printing on Velum at the end of one Class and tell your teacher
4. Your Teacher will coat your screen with Photo Emulsion the morning of your next class.
5. Expose the Photo Emulsion on the UV light table for 70 seconds.
6. Soak you screen for 2 minutes with cold water
7. Wash out the Emulsion with a spray of cold water in the Darkroom and dry your screen.
8. Tape the screen, getting close (but not too close) to your image
9. Print a test image on paper to make sure stencil is OK – cure this in the oven!
10. Print your shirt and cure it in the oven. Be careful not to let wet ink touch clean areas!.
• Shirts must be 100% cotton and be clean
• You can purchase shirts (black or white) for $5 a piece
11. CLEAN UP both your station and screen. Make sure you have rags for this purpose!
DO NOT USE WATER FOR CLEANUP WHEN WORKING WITH PLASTISOL PAINTS!
Detail, own design, solid printing, good clean-up
Create a unique design from scratch or by combining images. Explain your sources below and show them to get the marks