PHOTO EMULSION T-SHIRT PRINTING
You will need to create a design on the computer. This will be printed on a sheet of Velum, which can be used to mask and expose the photo emulsion on a screen for printing.
YOUR IMAGE CAN ONLY HAVE ONE COLOUR.
THIS DESIGN SHOULD BE USED TO PRINT ON A T-SHIRT OR ON OTHER FABRIC.
- Prepare a Screen by cleaning and prepping it. Put your name on it! Bring Rags from Home!
- Prepare an image on the computer
• Image has to be original to you.
• If you take images of the web, you MUST modify / combine them in some way
• Make sure all Lines are thick – at least 1/8th of an inch
• Check with your teacher if the detail will work.
- Submit the computer image for printing on Velum at the end of one Class and tell your teacher
- Your Teacher will coat your screen with Photo Emulsion the morning of your next class.
- Expose the Photo Emulsion on the UV light table for 70 seconds.
- Soak you screen for 2 minutes with cold water
- Wash out the Emulsion with a spray of cold water in the Darkroom and dry your screen.
- Tape the screen, getting close (but not too close) to your image
- Print a test image on paper to make sure stencil is OK – cure this in the oven!
- Print your shirt and cure it in the oven. Be careful not to let wet ink touch clean areas!.
• Shirts must be 100% cotton and be clean
• You can purchase shirts (black or white) for $5 a piece
- CLEAN UP both your station and screen. Make sure you have rags for this purpose!
DO NOT USE WATER FOR CLEANUP WHEN WORKING WITH PLASTISOL PAINTS!
- Own design,
- Solid printing,
- Good clean-up
Create a unique design from scratch or by combining images. Explain your sources and show them to get the marks