FIRST ROLL OF FILM – PENTAX K1000 / NIKON X90
First Roll is included, one ‘mistake; understandable, Extra Film = $3
Have fun with the camera and learn how to process and print the pictures. REMEMBER: BE CREATIVE!
You can use the photos taken in this assignment for later assignments, but mostly it is so you learn how to use the equipment!
• Take at least 12 Photos.
• No pictures inside the Classroom and no two pictures of the same subject
• MAKE SURE YOUR LIGHT METER IS HORIZONTAL FOR EACH SHOT
• You have to finish the roll of film in one class!
• DEVELOP YOUR FILM – Keep your Film canister for the next assignments!
• Print a CONTACT SHEET and at least 4 IMAGES
• MOUNT them neatly on paper, label them, include your name and block and submit.
• Keep ALL prints you make, as even not so good ones can be used later!
– Get all pictures from the shot list below, you are allowed to use props. Unique ideas get extra points
• One picture of your name card (Taken in the Classroom)
• Something Old
• Something New
• An object in an unusual place (Where it does not belong)
• A close-up shot of something that has a lot of texture
• A close-up shot of something very smooth
• Two shot through a window or door to the outside (you should see the frame and outside)
• A picture of your favorite place in Kitsilano
• A picture of a ‘found’ object, just as you found it.
• A photo of all the things in your pocket or bag, shot NOT in the classroom!
• TWO pictures of a persons face (The face should fill your view finder)
Good film, Clear contact sheet and 4 good prints
NOTE: KEEP ALL FILM FOR LATER ASSIGNMENTS!
VIDEO AND / OR PDF