3D CHARACTER EXPLORATION
Teams of 1-4 people MAX
Create an Animation with a character that explores the Classroom, the Hallway, or other area close to the classroom. No need to build a Set! Just put your camera on a tripod and go!
– Claymation (we have clay) or
– Playmobil, Smurfs, Lego, Barbie, Ken and GI Joe, or even your stuffed animals
- Create a Storyboard – where are you going, what will happen, how do characters interact?
- Each member of the team needs their own Character!
- Each Character has to take part in the story!
- Characters MUST do the following:
- Show movement – walking, crawling, whatever makes sense for that character
- Interact with each other – helping each other, working together, etc.
- Characters MUST NOT do the following:
- Fight or battle
- Get dismembered or destroyed in the process of shooting
– Shoot MANY images – aim for at least 300 (20 seconds of animation)
– Import images into Computer
– Add pauses, breaks, titles and ‘effects’
– Add optional sound effects or voice-over (bonus)
Individual Characters, follow storyboard, use of location, timing, smooth movement
Add Sound: Complete your animation and record a sound file as it plays, then combine files in Moviemaker.
Levitate: Make your characters fly or float, using fishing line or some other tricks.