LINOCUT PRINTING (2 COLOURS for extra challenge / Graphics TWO)
Practice working with positive and negative space to create a Linocut ‘stamp’
You will design an image and then cut away the parts you do NOT want to print.
Images size should not exceed 4”x6”
1 Original Image printed / sketched
1 or 2 Stencils depending on your design
4 clean prints on GOOD paper. (Cardstock is available)
- Create an image on the Computer or create a sketch
- Get a piece of Lino and transfer your image
- Carve away what you do NOT want to print
- Work with texture to fill your negative space, do not leave ‘flat’ areas.
- Print at least 4 good images
a. Use a glass plate and roller to spread ink
b. Roll ink onto your linocut
c. place paper over linocut
d. Use pad to transfer ink to paper
- Clean up with water (do not let inks dry)
Even Cuts, used all the space, use of texture, clean well defined prints
Plan a design that uses two colours, but you need to think about how to layer or separate the two colours.
Figure out how will incorporate two colours.
• You could cut your lino into two pieces
• You could use paper masks
• You could layer colours by altering you linocut