Surrealism is a cultural movement that began in the early 1920s, and is best known for its visual artworks and writings.
Surrealist works feature the element of surprise, unexpected juxtapositions and non sequitur.
For this project you will take two photographs of a person’s face. One needs to be a profile, the other a ‘mug’ shot style.
You will use Photoshop to create one Surrealist image. Do this with at least three faces.
1. Get three Models
2. Take a profile image and headshot of each.
• Use a neutral background to make Photoshop easier
3. Import both images into one Photoshop file.
4. Select the outline of the profile and create a silhouette on a NEW layer
5. Make sure the face portrait is above the silhouette and create a layer mask
6. move the portrait to get the desired result
7. Repeat with other two models
• Try mixing faces – you will need to adjust the mask for this to look right
• Try it with your Cat (or Dog if it has a shot muzzle)
Good originals, alignment, fill of background, good edges
GRADE 11 & 12: Response & Critique:
Ask one of your classmates to look at your images from this assignment and respond to the questions below.
Record their answers and see if you want to make any changes to your image:
- Which is the best image of this set?
- D0es the image look convincing?
- What is the background add to or detract from the image?
- What would make the image better?
Embed using plug ins