Pick a theme you have noticed in many photos, then
look at phots and images from the past, to see how that same theme was
portrayed in the past. What do you learn from this?
- Pick a theme you would like to investigate – this could be the subject or message in the photo
- List image ideas and keywords that you connect with your theme
- Find images
that match your topic
- At least two images that are recent
- At least one image from 50 years ago (1970s)
- At least one image from 100 years ago (1920s)
- At least one image 150 years or older
- Bonus: Classic image (Greek, Roman or Egyptian)
your images in InDesign and add captions that:
- Explain the source and origins of your image
- Explain how you think they are connected to your theme
your finished project to a classmate and have them respond
- Can you see the theme in all the photos?
- What is missing or could be improved?
KEY CRITERIA: Good set of images, well explained, response from classmate