LOGO DESIGN – ON PAPER
Create a logo and colour scheme for an invented company.
You will use your brainstorming and brand to recreate your logo on the computer, and then create some stationary for this company, so give it some thought!
- Describe your company in 3 sentences or MORE. (Who are the customers, what is the brand like, etc….)
- Make some rough sketches of your logo before you settle on you final design. (Minimum 3)
- Create two or more good copies in full colour, showing some 3-D or shading ON PAPER – NOT THE PC!
TIPS FOR THINGS TO INCLUDE:
- The NAME of the product, service and/or manufacturer or sponsor. One version must include the name as PART OF NOT AN ADDITION TO the design.
- The FONT – Pick an appropriate style of lettering. The lettering must be BOLD and in a style suitable for the message conveyed by the logo.
- The SHAPE – Logos are generally quite simple in their design. The overall shape or LINE of the design is important as it makes the first impression on the viewer:
- Curved lines – grace, elegant, motion
- Diagonal – action, energy, force, motion
- Horizontal – calm, peaceful, tranquil
- Vertical – strength, dominance
- The COLOURS– Logos use colour to add contrast and to catch the viewers’ attention.
Submit your initial sketches along with the final designs for marking.
KEEP YOUR GOOD COPY TO WORK WITH IN LATER ASSIGNMENTS WHEN YOU RECREATE YOUR LOGO ON THE COMPUTER AND USE IT FOR PACKAGING
KEY CRITERIA: Variety of sketches, good profile, design unique, neat, font and colours work together