PHOTO JOURNALISM / Yearbook Content
– 20 GOOD photos that feature KITSILANO students / staff with a LIST OF NAMES
– Photos need to be in focus, show faces of people and be at least HD quality (larger is better)
– NO SPORTS ACTION SHOTS! – we get these as part of Yearbook Class
– PHOTOS THAT DO NOT MATCH CRITERIA WILL NOT BE COUNTED FOR MARKS!
– NAMES: If your photo has three people or less, record names of the people in the photo.
NOTE: All students featured need to be identified by first Name and last Initial: ‘Rainer M.’, Teachers by name: ‘Mr. Mehl’.
CAMERAS: – You can sign out a camera from Mr.Mehl, or use your own
PHONES: – CAN be good for this, but you must check the quality / size of your photos
– YOU must know how to download / submit photos off your device!
CHOOSE ONE OF TWO OPTIONS
– Option 1 will result in higher marks, unless you have a good theme for option 2
OPTION 1 – Choose a TOPIC:
– Pick a class, club, team, topic, question, issue, or problem.
(get OK BEFORE)
– Take at least 20 GOOD photos that tell a story.
– Create a short write-up for your topic:
o Give some background and add your opinion
o Get quotes about the topic from the people in the photos
o Create a survey about your topic and include the results
– Have a good idea? Stage photos that make your point!
–> Good Write-up earn bonus marks!
OPTION 2: Photo Hunt
– Take 20 photos from the list below
– No more than 3 from any category
– Athletes not in action shots
– Teachers teaching class
– Students active outside of class
– Students in front of lockers
– Students in Class (max 3 per Class)
– Tutorial events / activities
– Lunch time
– Fashion / Style
– Events at School
– Club Meetings
– School Store
– Students in Cafe
Your photos numbered sequentially (not named, as we re-name all submitted photos)
A file that list names of faces in submitted photos, plus a short write up if doing Option 1
Put photos and text file in a FOLDER, which should have your name and topic as filename
20 Good photos numbered and with captions in seperate document