MAGAZINE DESIGN – PDF or Printed
Create a Magazine that can be published electronically (or printed anywhere)
Start with a basic concept and design of your Magazine, then create some content pages
Concept and Cover
– Decide on the type of magazine (fashion, auto, pets, music) and Create a Name / Title (1 or 2 Words)
– Write a short paragraph about the target audience of your magazine – Have this approved: ____
– Who will read your magazine
– What type of content will it have
– What is the ‘look’ you are going for
– Who are your competitors (or your inspiration)
– Design your COVER, TABLE OF CONTENTS and TWO 2 PAGE SPREADS based on your idea.
– Decide on a font (style of lettering) for your Logo, headlines and Text
– Decide on phrases, subtitles, body copy which will appear on the cover
– Look at other magazines for ideas, and make it look professional
– Make a professional looking Document, using InDesign. You can use Photoshop to create & edit images
Professional cover (Titles, UPC, Price, Publisher) consistent fonts, at least 2 spreads
– Create at least 2 additional pages of content (1 spread) – more if you are filling them with photos
– Ads, Stories, Layout, Captions, Interviews, etc (some can be off the internet)
– The more you create yourself the more marks you can get!
– Specify what you created on the back of the page, so you can earn the appropriate marks
IF you want to create a lot more content for your magazine, this assignment can double in Value.