MAGAZINE DESIGN – PDF or Printed
Create content for your magazine. A cover, and some content pages of your choice. The later assignments give you some criteria for content to add to your Magazine.
COVER AND CONTENT
Design your COVER, TABLE OF CONTENTS and TWO 2 PAGE SPREADS based on your idea.
– Use the Fonts, colours and designs from your Mood board – import the styles – ask HOW if you are not sure
– Decide on phrases, subtitles and images which will appear on the cover
– Start a table of content and add items you would like to include, even if you do not have created them yet.
– Create at least two spreads of content for your magazine.
– Create Paragraph Styles so you can be consistent throughout your publication (ask how if you are not sure)
– Look at other magazines for ideas, and make it look professional
– Make a professional looking Document, using InDesign. You can use Photoshop to create & edit images
– Create your own UPC and Publication info, or ‘borrow’ from another magazine to get the professional look.
KEY CRITERIA: Professional cover (Titles, UPC, Price, Publisher) consistent fonts, at least 2 spreads