Can you design with a purpose and with an audience in mind? Will others understand your design? This assignment will challenge you to create an instruction manual for an object or activity you are familiar with, and present this to others.
– You should have at least 4 pages with no less than 16 images and at LEAST 32 instruc¬tions.
– This could be for a piece of software, a toy, small appliance, or the treatment of a pet.
– There should be a real purpose to the manual.
You can also choose to create a satire (a ‘fake’ /‘funny’ manual) but be aware that it is much harder to do well.
1. Describe the items / activity and target audience / purpose of your manual.
2. Make some rough sketches and have them approved.
Date approved:________________ Teacher initial: _________
3. Create your manual, with a minimum of 4 pages, 16 images, and 32 instructions.
4. Check the Criteria sheet to make sure you are on track and submit when complete.
– You can choose any activity or process you like – but make it look real!
– If you create a ‘How to wash a Hamster’ manual, think through all the steps and take lots of extra photos,
so you can choose the ones that work best when designing.
– Make sure there is consistency in Design throughout the manual and that it matches your planning criteria.
KEY CRITERIA: Plan, 4 pages, 16 images, and 32 instructions, custom content
– You will most likely need to take your own photos – or create your own diagrams.
What you do will determine much of your mark!
EXPLAIN HERE WHAT YOU DID IN THE ‘EXTRA’ Category: