LOGO DESIGN – ON PAPER
Create a logo and colour scheme for an invented company. You can base this on the work you did with text in assignment #1, but you can also do something different. You will next re-create your brand on the computer, and create some stationary for this company, so give it some thought!
1. Describe your company in 3 sentences or MORE. (Who will buy/use, what is it like, etc….)
2. Make some rough sketches for your logo before you settle on you final design. (Minimum 3)
3. Create the good copy in full colour, showing some 3-D or shading ON PAPER – NOT THE PC!
4 Complete the Self evaluation and submit all work (Profile, Sketches, Final) for marks.
TIPS FOR THINGS TO INCLUDE:
1. The NAME of the product, service and/or manufacturer or sponsor.
The name must be PART OF NOT AN ADDITION TO THE SHAPE OF THE DESIGN.
2. The FONT – Pick an appropriate style of lettering. The lettering must be BOLD and in a style suitable
for the message conveyed by the logo. (You would not choose a curly feminine style
in a football team’s logo.)
3. The SHAPE – Logos are generally quite simple in their design.
The overall shape or LINE of the design is important as it makes the first impression on the viewer:
Curved lines – grace, elegant, motion, feminine
Diagonal – action, energy, force, motion
Horizontal – calm, peaceful, tranquil
Vertical – strength, dominance, masculine!
4. The COLOURS- Logos use colour to add contrast and to catch the viewers’ attention.
Submit your initial sketches along with the final product for marking.
KEEP YOUR GOOD COPY TO WORK WITH IN ASSIGNMENT #6
Variety of sketches, good profile, design unique, neat, font and colours work together
Create a variation or two, of your logo – possibly a ‘condensed’ version, or decal/badge