LOCATION PROMOTION – Information Design
Create an ad or magazine spread that advertises a venue, store or event, that ties in with your product
Include THREE maps that help people locate the venue. These three maps could be:
- Three different locations (for three different stores for example)
- Three modes of Transport (Transit, Driving, Cycling) maps on how to reach the location.
- Three different scales (Local entrances, neighbourhood and section of city)
Google Maps rules, but you can create your own maps based on the information you want to present.
- Often these types of maps are NOT to scale but explain the relative location of objects.
The maps you create have to be part of a promotional piece that relates to the marketing of you product.
What to include:
Create a map that shows the area around your venue, with symbols and a legend as needed.
- Use Illustrator to create your maps, make them small – no larger than 3×3 inches each
- Add a Legend or Key and content that necessitates the map (where are you sending your reader and why)
Include a large enough area, so your maps show:
- The nearest landmark building (Community Centre, School, Library, Store, etc.)
- Your Venue
- Street Names
Choose symbols and a Key as needed to make a legend that works for ALL your maps.
- Choose colours for different types of places, Bus routes and roads
KEY CRITERIA: Three unique maps, event / location relevant to your product. Legend done in InDesign