DIGITAL STUDIO PHOTOGRAPHY
Use the ‘studio’ (or another location) to create images where you control the lighting.
Take a set of photos of a group of objects withVIDEO AND / OR PDF
different lighting set-ups.
Use your time wisely, as others will also want to use the space.
ASK ABOUT LIGHTS, REFLECTORS AND OTHER LIGHTING EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT.
At least 20 IMAGES, consisting of:
10 images using only 1 light source
10 images using 2 light sources (one can be a reflector)
InDesign File with
All thumbnail images (no cropping)
Your best 2 photos made larger / cropped to best effect
• Set up your objects and put your camera on a tripod
o If you use a person as a model, they should stay in one or two positions only, so you can see the change in lighting between the various light setups (“Model” type shoots come later, in Photo 2 & Photo 3)
• Take photos while moving around the light(s) for different effects
• Add a second light (or reflector) and take more photos
• Create an InDesign File that shows all your photos.
• Answer the Questions and add them to the InDesign file.
o What lighting position showed off your image best?
o Which do you like better – images with one or two lights? (And why)
Lighting effects clearly different in each shot, best choices explained
Try to re-create the lighting effect from at least 6 samples on the wall to show very different shapes in your objects.
Lighting the Roll