LAYERING IMAGES – 3D BOX
Create a three dimensional image by layering parts of an image – use at least 4 layers.
1. Use an image from your last roll of film that has objects at various distances from the camera
• If you have no images that work, shoot a digital image
2. Print (or Photocopy) the image as many times as you want to have layers.
3. Cut out successively more and more on each successive layer.
4. Create a Frame for the image to sit in.
5. Paste the layers one over the next, with small pieces of Cardboard acting as spacers.
• Do NOT use too much cardboard – you should NOT see it from the front.
Clean edgesm cutting based on distance, good frame, cardboard not visible from front
Add an extra element or frame to your photo that was not in the original.
– OBJECT: A person, bench, parking meter, car, or whatever fits
– FRAME: Make it look like you are looking through a window y adding an extra layer.
– Makes sure the size and position makes sense