SECOND ROLL OF FILM – NIKON X90
For Layering and Colouring
Extra Film = $3
Now that you know how to take a successful roll of film, take some images you will be able to use for other projects.
Use film carefully – if you mess it up, you will have to buy more!
– One picture of your name card, plus 19 more…
– No pictures inside the Classroom (Except name Card)
– No two pictures of the same subject
Take all the photos you will need for the next two assignments
• For assignment 8
o 8 Photos with one or two small subjects that you will be able to colourize for effect
o Look at the samples of colourization to get some ideas
• For assignment 9
o 8 Photos with subjects at a variety of distances from the Camera
o 4 Photos of windows, doors, arches, etc that could work as a frame to your other images
o Look at the completed layering assignments to see how they are put together
o Make sure to use a SMALL APPERTURE (f11-f22) so everything is in focus
You have to finish taking he photos on your roll of film in one class!
– DEVELOP YOUR FILM – Return your Film canister when you are done!
– PRINT CONTACT A SHEET AND 8+IMAGES, then SUBMIT BEFORE STARTING #8 or #9!:
– Print all the images you need for the next two assignments:
You will need at least 4 for colourization
You will need at least 4 identical copies of ONE image for the layering – Choose your best!
You will need ONE image that can act as frame to the others, make sure you print it a good size
– Submit all images inside your name-card sheet protector, and complete this sheet.
à Keep ALL prints you make, as even not so good ones can be used later!
Good film, Clear contact sheet and 9 good prints (4 of them identical plus a ‘frame’)
Make sure all your photos are sharp (in focus) and have good black & while contrast
Print Quality – are all your prints spotless, have good contrast and no marks / blemishes?