MAKE A SPOOF AD (or Magazine Cover)
When advertisers try to sell you something, they hire an agency to solicit proposals, or because they have a ‘vision’ in mind. For this assignment you need to make a spoof ad, so you need to know what you want to make fun of, and how you can modify a design or concept BEFORE go into production.
– A sample ad (or magazine cover) you will spoof or recreate in a humorous way.
– A proposal explaining what part of the ad you plan to spoof – Approved before you start.
– A complete ad that incorporates graphics, some text, and possibly some photos.
– Find an ad (or magazine cover) you want to spoof / modify in some way – on-line or in magazines
o See the Ad Busters site or my COWSMOPOLITAN magazines
– Complete the proposal, and have it approved by your teacher. Date:________ Initial:______
o What are you spoofing?
o Who do you intend to change / how do you plan to make your point?
– Take some photos
o Your ad (or magazine cover) should include at least some photos you have taken
o Keep all images to submit, regardless of whether you used them or not
– Create / modify your designs
o You can edit the original ad (or magazine cover) in Photoshop
o Changes should be significant enough to warrant taking 4 classes to do assignment.
o Take any photos you want to incorporate.
– Design your ad (or magazine cover), using Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator
– Submit your completed ad (or magazine cover) and ‘inspiration’ pieces all in one folder.
Inspiration and Explanation, look maintained, clear spoof, Complexity, Photography
– Create extra variations to ‘show your client’ – these are worth marks