DRAWN STENCILS / TWO COLOUR SILK SCREENING
You will have to create two parts of your image on ONE screen.
Both screens will be created using drawing fluid and/or screen filler.
When combined, the two part of the screen should give you ONE image with TWO distinct colours.
USE YOUR TIME WELL – WORK ON OTHER JOBS WHILE SCREENS ARE DRYING!
1. CLEAN AND PREP a screen according to instructions
2. Create a two colour design that uses simple bold shapes and small, finer detail.
3. Trace your image in two opposite corners of your screen – don’t go too close to the edge.
4. Use Drawing Fluid to mask off different details in the image and let it dry
5. When the screen is dry, cover it with screen filler and let it dry again. (use the special trowel)
6. Wash out the blue Drawing Fluid and touch up with a brush and screen filler.
7. Make a mark with tape to make sure all your images will line up the same
8. Print rough shapes first and let ink dry slightly
• Make up to 10 prints, so you can keep the best after the next step.
• WATCH FOR PROPPER REGISTRATION! (That each image is in same spot on paper)
9. Print second colour
• You will new tape after you line up your first image
• Make sure all prints are identical – keep all the good ones
10. Submit AT LEAST 3 GOOD PRINTS
11. CLEAN UP both your station and screens.
Bold and detail, good edges, consistent prints
Make sure your images have excellent registration and edges. Fix you screens if washout was not as good as you hoped.