Movie Poster Design – Photoshop
Create a Movie Poster that is about YOU, or at least partially so. You will use existing images off the web, combined with your own text to create a poster that reflects you, an experience or aspiration of yours.
This will help you learn / review the tools of Adobe Photoshop, so that you can work with text and images, and give me chance to find out what you know.
• Write a synopsis of a movie poster you would like to make (at least 50 words)
• Movie should relate to some aspect of your life, dreams or aspirations
• Do not use images ‘as is’, make sure you have manipulated them
• Use a minimum of 5 layers of images and 2 layers of text
As you put together your poster, think about:
• How does the image portray what the movie is about?
• How does the text support the image?
• Is the poster eye-catching and make you curious about the movie?
Day 1 – Intro and concept development
• Determine event / idea and write synopsis – include how this relates to you
• Brainstorm text pieces that work with the images
• Get it approved: Teacher initial_________
Day 2 – Look for images and inspiration
• Collect all possible images, and sample posters you will use for ‘inspiration’
• Makes sure to only grab ‘large’ images off google so they do not get pixilated
Day 3 – Edit Images
• Crop, resize and adjust images so they can work together
• Look for additional pieces you need complete your design
Day 4 & 5 – Combine images and add / create text
• Work with a variety of blending modes and opacity to combine image layers
• Create text pieces you have planned – you might have to create them in a new document
A folder with your Name and block folder name. INCLUDE all source files.
Synopsys, complexity, PS tools used, good use of tezt
Add effects to Text (Drop shadows, glows, etc)
• Add extra text to make it look like a REAL poster (Plain black credits, etc at bottom)