PHOTO MONTAGE PORTRAIT
(Double project if done at full size)
INTRODUCTION – MONTAGE:
A montage JUXTAPOSES a series of images to create one new HYBRID image.
1. Find a portrait of someone you want to copy.
2. Make a grid on a large piece of paper (1×1 inch or 5x5cm) – the smaller, the better the result
3. Project the image and sketch it onto the paper
4. Cut your old, unused pictures into squares to match your grid and sort by shade (you can also use bits and pieces from magazines)
5. Fill all the squares with your scraps to re-create the image of your choice
6. Once satisfied with the image, glue down the pieces.
You should have an image composed of your scraps that resembles a pixilated photo
(like a WEB image enlarged too much If you used your scraps well, you will also have the surprise effect!
See the examples for an idea of the final product.
Consistent Grid, neatness
Do not cut any of your squares into pieces. If you want colour transitions, find the correct piece to do the work for you!