Making Buttons (or stickers) in Illustrator: Promotional Design
Promotional Design is used to sell. Objects, Events, Elections, Ideas. What will YOU sell?
Design for a cause: Pick an issue that matters to you, decide on images that work for your cause, then start designing.
Crate at least 5 button designs, using the design tools you have learned.
These could make a great Christmas Present for friends!
- Plan your Message (You can do that on this sheet below)
- What is the Cause you are promoting?
- What images support your Cause or Message
- Any key words?
- SHOW THIS AND GET IT APPROVED: ________
- You can use other software you like, but you have to be able to show HOW you made the images.
- Images have to be YOUR creation (not downloaded)
- Submit RAW files (Photoshop layers, uncombined vector images, etc..)
- If you want the buttons printed, place them in the correct Photoshop template
- Submit your designs for marking and printing on the colour printer.
- If you want to make EXTRA buttons, they cost $.50 each for the hardware and colour printing.
- Your Plan (#1 Above)
- 5 different button designs
- All images should fit the template for the button size of your choice
- DROP FILE ON ‘SUBMIT’ FOLDER, Use your Name & Block in Name
- Write your filename here: _________________________________________
KEY CRITERIA: Overall impression, complexity, effort, neat ideas,
– Your Message is clear and your classmates ‘get it’