CD JACKET & BOOKLET DESIGN
In this Assignment you will use any software, photography or other material to create a CD cover.
You can use an existing CD Cover as a starting point, then modify it for effect.
You have to include some information on the artist(s) as well as the playlist of the CD.
You are not just creating the cover, but the whole booklet (minimum 4 sides) PLUS back of case.
– Artist Profile or ‘making of the CD’ (real or made up) 50-100 words
– Playlist (10 track minimum)
– Make a quick sketch of your layout idea and have it approved before you start!
– Make sure that the images and designs you use all work together and represent the mood and style of the music.
– There is an InDesign template available for this assignment.
– Collect / Create your images (but take no more than 1 class to this)
– Create images and text effects in Illustrator and Photoshop
– Open the InDesign Template and create your Booklet & Back of Jewel Case (5 Sides Total)
o There are an additional 4 pages in the template, should you feel inspired
– Submit your completed project and all your source files in one folder
KEY CRITERIA: Sketches, Professional look (UPC, Tracks), unique design, Titles, Playlists
Create Unique Content. Write your own copy, take your own photographs, create your own designs. List what content you created yourself to earn the top marks. For example, you could create a compilation CD, and if you need to take photographs to create a cover, do what is needed to get the image.