2D Flash – Create a ‘Cut Out’ animation on the computer.
Use the idea of pivot animation with much more complex characters; add sound and backgrounds to create truly complex animations. REMEMBER: NO VIOLENCE – You are better than that!
– Watch the FLASH tutorials for the basics. Flash is everywhere samples are easy to find.
– Create your background and characters.
o These could be created (drawn) from scratch in Photoshop or Illustrator or taken from the web
o Make sure your characters have multiple parts on transparent backgrounds.
– Create a Storyboard, based on your character, animation and amount of time left
– Bring your images into Flash and build a timeline
– Makes sure not to animate frame by frame, but to use Flash – paths and objects.
– NOTE: If you have a person walking, animate that separately, save as a symbol, then place in your animation
– Remember to move secondary objects
– You can add objects with the tools in Flash as well as bringing them in from other CS applications
Marks will be based on quality and length of product.
As the quality of your characters determined how much work goes into each frame, there is a trade-off between length and quality.
Storyboard with arrows, Use of Flash paths, secondary object movement, complexity, length
Add sound files for extra marks, or create complex and moving backgrounds…… or do both!
THIS IS NOT A GROUP PROJECT