3D Design 1: TRAINING
To create objects on the 3D printer, you need to know how to create objects in 3D.
Work your way through the Tutorials at Graphics\TUTORIALS & TRAINING and save the objects you create.
This should give you an idea of what you might want to create later.
INTRODUCTION – CUBIFY PRACTICE
Intro 3: Save your Cookie Cutter design
Intro 4: Save your mounting plate
Intro 5: Save your bossed shape(s
TUTORIAL – APPLICATION
• Watch the videos and try out some of the techniques
• Tutorials are in: Graphics/Tutorials & Training/Cubify Tutorials on your Desktop
• You will want to go back to some of these as you run into problems later
• Create at least 3 complex objects using the tools and techniques.
• Keep track of what techniques you used, to document your learning.
SUBMIT – Export & place in InDesign
– For each model, Take a screen Shot and save it as jpg.
Six shapes created, three of them unique with explanations
– Create a new InDesign document, place all your images and give them labels, explaining what you did to create them
BLENDER: If you want to work in blender, you can do so, but you will have to find fitting tutorials that teach you complex modeling. Make sure to include links to these tutorials in your work, so they can be downloaded for future use.