In order for Photo Emulsion Silk screening to work properly, screens need to be cleaned and prepared properly.
If this in not done correctly, one of two things will happen:
• The Emulsion will not stick, and will ‘blow out’ when washing out the screen
• The Emulsion will adhere too much and you will not be able to wash out your screen
As we are using a lot of screens, you will need to clean and prep those you intend to use or have used.
• This means you can only blame yourself if something does not work right!
• Make sure to put your name on screens you have prepped!
Make sure your instructor sees what you have done, so you can get credit for reclaiming your screen
Remove existing Photo Emulsion
Spray with Emulsion Remover
Let it sit 1 minute – shorter and it will not work, longer and it will start to dry,
Use Spray nozzle to wash out the screen
If there is emulsion remaining repeat.
• Make sure your screen is wet
• Brush in Brown Degreasing Fluid on both sides
• Let it sit 2 minutes – shorter and it will not work well, longer and it will start to dry,
• Use Spray nozzle to wash out the screen –make sure there no more foam
• If you see brown streak after the screen is dry, you will have to repeat!
Put your name on the screen (Use masking tape on the frame)
Let screen dry completely before use