3D Design 5: LOGO DESIGN
Create a logo and colour scheme for an invented company. You can base this on the work you did in assignment #4, but you can also do something different. You will next re-create your brand on the computer, and create packaging for your design.
1. Describe your company in 3 sentences or MORE. (Who will buy/use, what is it like, etc….)
2. Make some rough sketches for your logo before you settle on you final design. (Minimum 3)
3. Create the good copy in full colour, showing some 3-D or shading ON PAPER – NOT THE PC!
4 Complete the Self evaluation and submit all work (Profile, Sketches, Final) for marks.
TIPS FOR THINGS TO INCLUDE:
1. The NAME of the product, service and/or manufacturer or sponsor.
The name must be PART OF NOT AN ADDITION TO THE SHAPE OF THE DESIGN.
2. The FONT – Pick an appropriate style of lettering. The lettering must be BOLD and in a style suitable
for the message conveyed by the logo. (You would not choose a curly feminine style
in a football team’s logo.)
3. The SHAPE – Logos are generally quite simple in their design.
The overall shape or LINE of the design is important as it makes the first impression on the viewer:
Curved lines – grace, elegant, motion, feminine
Diagonal – action, energy, force, motion
Horizontal – calm, peaceful, tranquil
Vertical – strength, dominance, masculine!
4. The COLOURS- Logos use colour to add contrast and to catch the viewers’ attention.
5. Re-create your paper Design using Illustrator or Photoshop
• Make AT LEAST 4 versions, experimenting with colours and effects (Slight variations OK)
• If using Illustrator, check with your instructor if there are specific tools that would simplify your design or for suggestions
• If using Photoshop, make sure your image is large enough resolution!
Submit your initial sketches along with the final product for marking.
Good sketches and profile, originality and complexity of design, neatness. Paper and Digital versions match.
Design colour backgrounds or graphic elements that compliment your text.